Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday 5

I love short work-weeks! Friday seemed to come so fast. Today's Friday 5 is dedicated to celebrity breastfeeding quotes. I love it when celebs talk nursing, and I found some quotes recently that I had never heard before.


"There's just so much I can't eat because she's sensitive. I eat really bland food - chicken noodle soup, vegetables, fish. I had to cut out milk, no tomatoes, no lettuce. You think you have to cut everything out when you're pregnant, but you really have to cut everything out when you're breastfeeding."
-Nicole Richie, on having to use an elimination diet while nursing daughter, Harlow


"[I breastfed him] a good 18 months. That baby never even saw a bottle. He went everywhere with me — premieres, award shows. I would just find a back room and hook him up."
-Jada Pinkett Smith on nursing son Jaden


"I was pregnant for nine months and breastfeeding for two years. My body was completely hijacked; for all the best reasons, but for that time it wasn't mine. So once that was all over, I got to rediscover my body. I had all these new curves and I loved them!"
-Nelly Furtado, on sensuality post-baby


"With my son, I only breastfed for 1 month — this was because my son did not take to the breast well. He was given a bottle in the hospital, due to me needing rest, and then when I went to breastfeed he was not used to the milk coming in slower. I fought through it for a month but then my milk started drying up. My daughter never got a bottle, she took to the breast right away. "
-Ione Rucker Jamison, wife of NBA star Antwan Jamison, on how supplementation can cause breastfeeding problems.


"I pushed and the baby was out in four minutes. It must have been the easiest birth. She was checked out and I was breastfeeding. It was that quick. I don’t think my mum even had time to cry. Phoenix had been asleep and was woken up by her newborn sister crying."
-"Scary Spice" Mel B on her easy birth and easy breastfeeding relationship with daughter Angel.





Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here.
Twitter me- I'm blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails