Friday, July 10, 2009

Candace Parker is breastfeeding!



Candace Parker of the WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks gave birth to a baby girl named Lailaa on May 13th. She returned to the court on Sunday to play her first game since giving birth two months ago. Prior to the game, Candace sat in the locker room and pumped breast milk for her daughter.

Candace says her goal is to breastfeed her daughter for 6 months, most of which she'll be traveling and playing basketball and pumping in between practice and games. Her doctor doesn't think she'll be able to pull it off based on her schedule, but she's determined.

"I can honestly say I would do anything for her," Candace is quoted as saying. "I'm trying to show her she can do whatever she wants by doing this. I'm working hard. I know now I'm her biggest role model."


Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here.
Twitter me- I'm blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails