Friday, April 2, 2010

Michelle Comes Out!

Remember when I asked Michelle Obama to come out of the breastfeeding closet? Well, she's finally come out! During a speech Wednesday on flexibility in the work place, Michelle talked about going for a job interview when daughter Sasha was newborn.

During the speech she said:

"In fact, in the last job I had before coming to the White House -- I remember this clearly -- I was on maternity leave with Sasha, still trying to figure out what to do with my life, and I got a call for an interview for this position, a senior position at the hospitals. And I thought, okay, here we go. So I had to scramble to look for babysitting, and couldn't find one.
So what did I do? I packed up that little infant, and I put her in the stroller, and I brought her with me. And I prayed that her presence wouldn't be an automatic disqualifier. And it was fortunate for me that, number one, she slept through the entire interview. And I was still breastfeeding -- if that's not too much information. And I got the job."
No, Michelle, not too much information! In fact, we need more information! You've cracked open the door to that closet, but we want more! We want to hear more about your breastfeeding relationship with your girls, what the early days were like, what your experience was like pumping at work, how bittersweet it was for you to wean. I hope that this is only the beginning of Michelle talking about breastfeeding!


Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here.
Twitter me- I'm blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails