Friday, May 6, 2011

The Big Reveal!


We found yesterday that our new baby is a girl! I made the announcement on Facebook but I know not everyone follows me there so I figured a post was in order as well. We are really thrilled about having a daughter, although we are both probably a little nervous about this new experience. I've never had to style anyone's hair but my own and baby girl genitals seem more fraught than baby boys'. I've already had friends tell me tales of fused labia, mini periods and yeast infections in their newborn girls. I know all of this is just the stuff that comes with parenting, but it's seriously a whole new world. I didn't think I'd be cracking open The Baby Book  for a while, but now I'm feeling like I need to do a refresher ASAP.

Still, there is so much to look forward to and as silly as it sounds, seeing the baby on the ultrasound made everything feel very real. We could even see her rubbing her eyes and sucking her thumb!
There really is a tiny little person in there, and in 20 weeks she will be in my arms and at my breast. She will arrive just before my birthday, the best gift anyone could ever receive. Isn't she cute?


 

(I swear 'fore God I could never be an ultrasound tech... I couldn't understand what I was looking at no matter how times it was explained to me. The placenta pic above had me convinced we were having a boy.)

Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here. Follow me on Twitter- http://www.twitter.com/blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails